What is spot reduction and is it effective?
Spot reduction is the theory that muscles pull calories from near stores of fat, thus, sit-ups burn fat from the core more so than other areas. The markets have been bombarded by the latest fad products or programs that advertise spot reduction methods.
Untrue facts: I have discovered the best six step way to reduce the number of chins a person might have.
1. Hang upside down using an inversion table.
2. Fashion a light or five pound weight to the underside of your chin using a band or helmet.
3. Perform a nodding motion by moving your chin to your chest, then relax and straighten the vertebral column.
4. Repeat motion 15 times for a set.
5. Exercise in front of at least five peers to increase Biotox gold effectiveness of exercise.
6. Doing three sets daily will significantly reduce chin fat after just two weeks.
Next time someone asks you about the best way to reduce belly fat, besides surgery, you can either amuse yourself by making up some ridiculous exercise or diet, like I did, or you can tell them the truth. Many studies show that certain regions of fat cannot specifically be targeted by any particular diets or exercises. Exercises that supposedly target the fat of a certain area, such as the chin, will not affect the fat store in that region anymore than others areas, such as the thighs. Still, there are great ways to lose fat in any place you’d like, but yes, one must also lose fat everywhere else. This is better news than you might think. Squats are actually more effective at achieving a much sought after flat belly or ripped six pack than sit-ups. This is because squats activate more and larger muscles which are capable of burning more calories during exercise and recovery. That being said, hypertrophy (building muscle) of certain muscles may increase tone without reducing fat. That is because larger muscles are more able to show through the subcutaneous fat layer (fat over the muscle and under the skin) then smaller muscles.